Sunday, November 18, 2012

Baby Gifts, Part II

Hello Friends!

After a long interlude,  I bring you baby gifts part two. I love maps. I love making them, in fact I've managed to make that a large component of my career. One day, while at work, I started to notice that often street lines can mimic the shapes of a bicycle. When my friends, Tim and Jill had their son, Jonas, this seemed to be a particularly apt gift for the clan. You may recall that Tim loves bicycles so much that he organized his garage using dismembered bicycle parts.

So here you go, bikes on a map.

 Lansing

Reno

Grayling


Aren't they fun? And so easy to make. All you need is a map, a canvas (or piece of cardboard), and some black paint.

And as an aside, I will be the first to admit that, ahem, presentation is not my strong suite. By this I mean cute table settings, packages, and hairstyles just don't find their way into my life all that often. But I recently stumbled across a cute kids book at a thrift store which I quickly disassembled to make notecards. So the Engelhardt clan received a decorative package with a few wall decorations on the inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment